Thursday, August 4, 2011

Catch!

This past week, we all caught some kind of cold. Henry is most miserable because he doesn't know how to get un-congested and can't take cool drugs. Andy also got a fair cold. I have fared the best so far...

But, as you saw yesterday, H won't let a little cold hold him back. He is exploring and doing all kinds of new things. His sitter said, "The leash is getting longer!" Meaning Henry lets her occasionally put him down and do something else. Poor sitter. But I know the feeling. I still can't really walk out of the room without H crying, but he gets involved in activities and sometimes doesn't notice if I duck out for one second.

Tonight we played a primitive family game of Catch. Henry sat in the middle as we tossed and rolled his awesome hand-sewn ball from Gpa's friend. Henry totally got it. He understood we were passing it back and forth and he did his best to keep the game going. He'd crawl to get the ball and toss it over his shoulder (though I think he was aiming forward) or roll it back. It was different than when we (attempted, mostly) taught the dogs fetch because he learned and switched it up (picking who to "throw" to). He also did not try to eat the ball and we didn't have to chase him around yelling, "Henry, drop it!"

But, we do now have to be more selective about the balls he plays with. He is eager to put his eight teeth to work. Twice in two days he has chomped a bite out of squishy Nerf-type balls. Goodbye Nerfy balls, we'll see you in awhile.

I remember when A asked me, "When will he do stuff?" Well, he's totally doin' it!

1 comment: