Son, you take after your father's people.
This morning, Henry uncharacteristically slept in until 6:45am. It is a virtual holiday for his parents. Andy made it to work on time. Since I have been trained to wake not later than six by Henry, I looked at him for a few minutes before he woke up. Stone cold sleep. And then, boing! His eyes sprung open and in a single motion he was upright and pointing toward the door.
"Oh, you want to get up?" "Uhhhn!" he grunted. I swung him over the side and he ran to the living room. Momentarily disappointed not to see Daddy, he ran to his high chair and pointed and grunted, "Uhhhhn!" He leapt into his seat and chowed down on the breakfast Daddy had left for him. He slugged a cup of milk. He finished his breakfast while catching up on "Little Bear" and then, "Uhhhn!" yes, I'll let you down so you can play with your hockey sticks. All before 7 am.
Henry, I just want you know, people on your mother's side have been known to sleep as late as eight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Once my son was old enough to recognize numbers, we bought a ceiling projected digital clock and told him he could NOT leave his room before 7:00 AM.
ReplyDeleteAnd to get him to sleep in today (day one of Spring Break) last night we told him he HAD school today after all....and he slept til 9:00!